Become a PADI Assistant Instructor with Air Down There Scuba!
The PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course is designed to prepare PADI Divemasters or equivalent to become PADI Assistant Instructors. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor! You will build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. Assistant Instructor knowledge is developed through online presentations with videos, reading and quizzes. In addition, you will participate in classroom workshops and presentations, confined water skill review and assessments and open water workshops and rescue assessments.
This course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), will lead to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
- Certification Photo
- Air Fills
*There are additional books and materials that are required for this course and are not included in the class price.
- PADI Open Water Diver and certified for at least 6 months
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or equivalent
- PADI Divemaster certification or equivalent
- First Aid & CPR training within the last 24 months (PADI Emergency First Responder is recommended)
- Completed and logged at least 60 dives (as documented by the individual’s personal log book) with experience in deep, night and navigation diving
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
Minimum age: 18 years
Class Price: $525
Class starts soon! Contact us for more details!
Click here to start today!